Assistant Manager, Business Solutions Group - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Partner and Senior Managers within Reading Business Solutions Group (Reading BSG), the overall purpose of the role is to support the BSG in both its client work and its digital transformation. This will include:
- Supporting the BSG team and clients on digital transformation through conversion to cloud tools, working closely with the National Client Solutions team.
- Leading the BSG team with client systems reviews to determine the most appropriate app stack.
- Support for BSG clients on cloud applications.
- Managing and assisting with client management accounts and day-to-day accounting solutions including responsibility for your own client portfolio.
The role will be agile but primarily be based in Crowe Reading office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of best practice and consistent process for set up of appropriate cloud based bookkeeping and advisory tools.
- Promotion of Cloud based solutions to clients
- Cloud Champion, taking full part in the National Cloud Champions programme.
- Support and educate the team on Cloud based solutions.
- Active involvement in proposals to clients, meeting with clients and supporting the team on pitches.
- Preparing / reviewing as appropriate management accounts for our clients in a timely manner.
- Working with the team to ensure the day to day delivery of outsourced services to our clients runs smoothly and to time.
- Review of assistants’ work and giving appropriate, constructive and timely feedback.
- Delegate appropriately, proactively coaching and managing assistants’ development.
- Work with other departments including compliance, tax, etc. to provide client information and appreciate statutory deadlines/reporting requirements.
- Assist managers and partners with client billing.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Solid understanding of management accounts.
- Excellent experience in Xero, Excel, Sage.
- Good understanding of a range of IT programmes and intuitive application.
- Problem solving and solution driven.
- Required qualifications: ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 15 October 2021.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.