Outsource Client Services, Officer
What you will be responsible for
As a Client Service (CS) professional you will
- Take on lead CS responsibility for select clients (including many of SS’s largest, strategic, and most complex global clients) and effectively support, manage and be an active part of a dynamic team in an important growth area for SS Japan
- You will:
- effectively and transparently manage, track and resolve client queries and challenges touching full range of services and topics such as
- change requests, regulatory requirements, systems issues capability, process improvements/risk, and other initiatives
- proactively self-serve to research and answer client queries in a timely manner, reaching out where necessary across SS teams in Japan and globally to achieve great outcomes for the client
- technology, system queries, password resets, and access requests(e.g. MyState Street, accounting platforms)
- maintaining and facilitating the completion of contractual documents and key requirements (such as Service Level Agreement (SLA)’s)
- oversight quality of service received by clients including timely and accurate invoicing, billing and payment, highlighting trends and areas of focus
- Coordinate periodic review of key processes and documents as appropriate (AML/KYC, Fund Transfer, and Transaction Origination Process, SLA, etc)
- actively manage and coordinate client/fund onboarding/offboarding
- effectively manage client change requests, SLA’s, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, and projects/initiatives (internal and with clients)
- issue resolution, tracking
- support internal data metric gathering and analysis, and working effectively with global internal State Street groups for resolution.
- Own creating improved controls and processes, workflows, and efficiency for the group
- Host, Coordinate, and ultimately drive KPI Service Review Meeting cycle including the relevant document preparation.
- Support Relationship Manager's internal and external governance, service, and revenue opportunities, and providing internal management reporting related to clients.
- The position’s ultimate goal via the above-bulleted activities is to win and maintain high Client satisfaction.
- Must always demonstrate adherence to our risk and compliance culture and demonstrate the highest integrity in servicing our clients and earning our clients’ trust every day.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong knowledge for Fund Accounting, Middle Office, Investment Trust Management and or Institutional Accounting and Reporting, Global Custody Services/Business/Operation
- Experience working as client service or operation with large financial institutions
- Strong communication skill both in English and Japanese
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skill
- Able to work as a team player
- Literacy in finance and investment product (especially, investment trust)
- Strong motivation to study new business area
- Able to thrive in fast-paced, time pressured environments
- Working knowledge on fund accounting, middle office, pricing, transaction processing, administration services, in Japan financial industry
- Knowledge of State Street products, systems, and their applications [applicable only to internal hire] or facile with similar products from previous work experience
- Degree in Finance/ Business/ Law or related discipline
- Industry credentials (CFA, CPA etc), either completed or in progress.
- Bonus: Familiar with Alternative investments and/or multiple offshore fund domiciles, regulations and documents. (Prospectus, Investment Agreement, Trust Deed, Custody Agreement, etc)
- - 3-10 years+ in Financial Services Industry (Asset Manager, Outsourcing Provider, Trustee, or Global Custodian (Preferred)
- - 3-10 years+ in Client Service or similar position in any of the following category of investment services
- Global Custodian
- Japanese Asset Administration bank
- Investment Trust Management Companies (Toshin)
- Investment Management Companies (Toshikomon)
- Trust Bank’s Asset Services Department/Operation Department Securities Company
- Bachelor/ Graduates from University (Preferred)
- Strong English skills (at least TOEIC 950 or up equivalent level) (Strongly Preferred)
- Strong (Native Level) Japanese language skills
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organization skills. Person who can create organization and improved efficiency via improved procedures, workflows, and processes and can effectively manage clients and client expectations.
- Knowledge and experience of Offshore Funds, Asset Manager’s, Outsourcing Provider’s, Japanese Trustee’s, or Global Custodian’s operation
- Verbal and writing/ reading communication in both Japanese and English skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills - able to effectively interact with clients (for both good and difficult messages)
- Strong client communication skills
- Loves taking ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Effective at working across large global organizations to identify those with the knowledge/answers to quickly and effectively respond to client queries and issues.
- Must be a team player
- Must enjoy challenges and thrive on change
- Can effectively handle ambiguity while meeting desired outcomes
- Team Worker with flexibility and adaptability to any environmental changes.
- Takes ownership of issues and seeing them to resolution on behalf of clients
- Capability of working independently with timely escalation to / information sharing with/ consulting your line manager(s) in case of anything unusual occur/ may occur.
- Holds self and those around them accountable
- The position is located in Tokyo or Fukuoka, Japan
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.