Technical Co-Ordinator, Transfer Agency - Liaison Team(TALT)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to a team leader within the Transfer Agency Liaison Team (TALT) you will be responsible for dealing, and monitoring the status of queries across all clients with a view to ensuring that queries are responded to within service level and to the required standard.
The department provides third party investor services to a specific group of clients covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, AML, settlements, distributions and commissions. In this role you will get to expand your current experience and skills through cross skilling, working on a number of clients and having direct exposure to key stakeholders within those clients. There is significant opportunity to learn and develop in this role.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitor intraday systems to ensure that dealing is processed in a timely manner and investor queries via phone and email are responded to within agreed services levels.
- Ensure that investor queries are thoroughly researched and the responses are accurate, thorough and timely. Always looking to anticipate and answer further queries.
- Engage contacts across Transfer Agency to support resolution of queries that are at risk of not being answered within agreed timescales. Keeping Manager informed where items may go outside of service level.
- Proactively keep the investor up to date on queries that require additional time to resolve – ensuring that the Client Service Manager is aware of any such cases.
- Work to build a strong relationship with the investor and clients you service, while building strong relationships with internal partners across all of Transfer Agency.
- Analyse data from internal systems to identify opportunities for coaching, training and service enhancements
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the operational team procedures and processes through strong relationships and a structured approach e.g via huddles, regular meetings and procedure reviews.
- Identify trends in investor queries and proactively propose improvement opportunities to Investor Service Centre (ISC) senior management on how we can better service investors.
- Act as back-up to team Manager during annual leave or absence.
- Prepare and distribute operational and Client reporting (ensuring appropriate quality checks have been completed).
- Provide assistance and coaching to new members of the team. Act as a point of reference for their queries.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within deadlines, highlighting any challenges in achieving these to the team manager in a timely manner.
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements.
- Be flexible in supporting client needs during peak activity or to resolve urgent queries.
- Previous Operational Transfer Agency experience highly desirable
- Experience of client/investor servicing desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to set deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.