Client Services, Officer
Who we are looking for
A highly motivated individual seeking to join our Client Service team with a background in custody/back office services. The Custody Client Service officer acts as the primary point of contact for daily operational activities and client inquiries as well as monitoring and overseeing the performance of all business unit Shared Service Teams, CoE’s, and global business partners as it relates to the overall service delivery for the client. Candidate must speak Spanish, Portuguese or both.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of the State Street Latin America & Caribbean (LA&C) region. The LA&C team gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, State Street’s tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
What you will be responsible for
As a Custody Client Service Officer your responsibilities will include
- Display and provide expertise in functional and technical knowledge across multiple disciplines
- Promote and complete all activities in line with internal standards (SOPS, Job Aids etc.)
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Develop and implement processes to control or eliminate risk across business unit
- Lead/collaborate with others to drive success of team/department/organization
- Ability to manage daily operations, ensuring client deliverables and superior client service are met
- Manages service delivery and tasks delegated to Sr. Associates
- Flexibility with schedule to assist in coverage with staff vacation and illness.
- Coordinate resources across officer and Sr. Associate level to all task are completed daily
- Monitors and oversees the performance of all business unit Shared Service Teams, global Centers of Excellence and India operations as it relates to the overall service delivery for their clients.
- Acts as primary point of contact for operational activities, client inquiries and escalations.
- Monitor and review daily work to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Resolve & escalate open and daily issues and provide solutions considering multiple avenues for resolution
- Proactively share and promote new ideas to support process improvements and changes to team processes
- Oversee internal/external queries KPIs and build control to respond within timeliness standards
- Manage own continued professional development; Must constantly strive to increase knowledge and skill levels; attending training as required
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Maintains open communication with co-workers and superiors
- Provide on the job training to staff as needed so that there is adequate coverage.
- Produce detailed procedures which identify risk and ensure there are appropriate mitigating controls in place. Recommend changes to operational processes where required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards.
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues, direct manager and Senior Management
- Interacts in a positive and respectful manner with team members and other functional units within the organization.
- Prepare Management Reporting, including KPIs and periodic executive summaries.
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- Provide online support for various client-facing applications, set up, training, resolving data integrity issues, assisting with new product rollouts.
- Account Administration including account openings, billing set up, tax reclaims/tax documentation, market openings/exits/updates, security registration/system access/ID administration and FAR set up
- Oversee the production of client-customized reporting; collection of data and production of customer report cards
- Prepare compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Train and develop new staff.
- Provides direction and training to staff and act as point of reference for knowledge
- Must maintain high level of performance under pressure
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Must possess superior and proven leadership capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for client service
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and experience with client presentations a must.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, etc.).
- Accuracy and detail-orientated.
- Multitasking capability.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably within Accounting, Finance or Economics
- At least 3 years’ work experience in accounting, finance, mutual fund operations, loan servicing or related career
- Languages: Spanish, Portuguese or both.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.