VAT Partner or Director
This is an exceptional opportunity for a VAT Specialist to join Bishop Fleming and lead our VAT team as we continue with our ambitious growth plans.
We are open to recruiting this role at Partner or Director level, so are keen to hear from ambitious candidates ready for that challenge and who are looking to play a pivotal role within a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm.
This role can be based in any of our regions and will enable you to take full advantage of our hybrid working arrangements. We support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
You will be a strategic thinker who will lead and develop our team to provide a comprehensive VAT advisory service to a wide range of clients. You and your team will be responsible for working with Bishop Fleming colleagues across the firm.
We are keen to hear from people who want to take a leading role in the development and growth of our practice – you can have real input into our long-term strategic direction.
Working closely with various Partners and Service Line Heads, your role will combine providing quality VAT advice with people management and business development responsibilities.
This will include:
- Working closely with the Head of Tax to formulate and implement our VAT strategy
- Leading our VAT team – this will include building and developing the team so that individuals can reach their full potential
- Ensuring the VAT team can provide effect VAT support to colleagues and clients, including areas such as:
- International VAT advice, including Brexit related matters
- Property VAT advice
- Charity VAT advice
- Making Tax Digital.
- Communicating key VAT developments internally and externally by blogs and social media
- Working with Bishop Fleming’s overseas offices to provide advice to UK and international clients on VAT issues that they face.
- Building relationships and winning work
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Considerable experience of working within a professional services environment
- A strategic mindset that will enable you to grow and develop Bishop Fleming’s VAT offering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to influence at all levels
- Strong people management skills
- An interest in working with our European offices to assist clients with EU trading related VAT issues
- A desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
- Experience of customs duty would be an added advantage but not essential
Please contact Pippa Clarke; Tax Partner or Chris Walklett; Tax Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.