Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Tax Advisory Services - Associate - Beirut
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within our Tax Advisory services practice, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever-changing tax specialities. You will advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing tax and indirect taxes, interpret tax regulations and apply international conventions.
Our team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on their geography and jurisdiction. You'll be helping our clients with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, direct and indirect tax, permanent establishments and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as responding to day to day tax enquiries from clients in Lebanon and within the PwC network.
You’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice and tax due diligence reviews – work with the Managers and above to help clients operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising, etc.
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients as well as the team
- Contribute to the development of your own technical acumen and interpersonal skills
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Two to three years of relevant work experience required (corporate income tax advisory is preferred).
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation is preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Exposed to double taxation treaty analysis, permanent establishment reviews, etc.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strength and development
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Good business writing and digital skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.