Business Services & Outsourcing Director - Service Charge Accounting - Bristol
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
The Service Charge Accounting team currently consists of one partner, one principal and one director. We are looking for an additional director to join the team to develop and implement the strategy through thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to grow and improve our business, taking initiative to deliver change and challenge strategic plans where necessary and help oversee the operational model. This is a strategic “hands on” role.
- Support the senior management team to develop the strategy and implement the business plan.
- Take leadership of own strategic focus area, setting strategic priorities, monitoring performance ensuring they are delivered to plan.
- Lead a portfolio of clients, focusing on exceptional client service and efficient delivery of services.
- Completing quality control reviews on a large volume of service charge accounts and signing those accounts off in accordance with ISRE 2400 (revised)
- Strong management of profitability of client portfolio, identifying out of scope work. Seek and implement innovative ways in which to improve financial performance.
- Build strong relationships at the highest level within existing clients to generate new opportunities.
- Undertake business development activities generating new opportunities by developing network contacts to manage a pipeline and sell services. Collaborating with other service lines.
- Effectively manage business risk, constantly promoting the firm’s risk management policies and seek to improve quality at all times.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Uphold our culture and act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals and link with business objectives.
- Ensure there is clarity and commitment to our strategic direction across the team
- Continue your own professional development throughout your career, building on your technical, leadership, project management and communication skills.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
Specific skill set requirements:
- Significant experience of delivering audit or assurance services to major clients
- Managing and developing qualified and non qualified staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- Experience in identifying and delivering business development activities
- Able to build productive and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent client and non client projects within a project management framework
- Client at the heart of everything you do
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Ideally Practice experience
- Residential and / or commercial service charge experience would be beneficial but is not necessary
- We recognise that this opportunity may suit an individual seeking part-time hours and / or flexible working
We’re in it together
At BDO,we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited.We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review re numeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance.As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications,weal so provide the following benefits,as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform,Flexcel,means our people can choose from arange of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident,dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in ou Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible.Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals.Together,they’re refuelling Britain’s economic engine.Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there:ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people.That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.