Manager, Private Equity Taxation - II Innings
ITG Group- II Innings is an initiative aimed at encouraging women on a professional break to resume their corporate career. This program will act like a launch pad to women who have had career breaks due to varying personal circumstances. Intertrust Group will provide structured on boarding, focused mentoring, flexible work options and on the job learning to the candidates. Through women mentors & buddies the candidates can address their concerns and close specific skills gaps.
- On career break since Jan 2020 or later
- Should match the skill and experience criteria mentioned in the respective Job descriptions.
- Shouldn’t have participated in any interview process with ITG in a period of 6 months before the date of application.
- If ex- employee of Intertrust Group, cause of exit should not be termination.
Tax Accounting Team (Fund Operations)
We seek to hire a Private Equity Tax professional to join the Fund Operation team. This person will have a variety of responsibilities within the Tax Accounting team of Fund Operations group. He/She will work closely with the clients Tax Reporting group from the Global Finance team based in the United States.
The candidate is expected to handle new client / activity transition actively, good communications and quick turn around on independent ownership of process (along with innovative solutions for quick fixes and automation)
Transactions Analysis: Tax package
- Identify transactions that occur on a weekly basis (investments, sales, liquidity) and ensure the appropriate recs are being completed
- Analyze allocations being used for transactions in accordance with LP agreements
- Preparation of tax support schedules for sales, special allocations, etc.
- Highlight potential disclosures necessary and work with CT team to prepare disclosures
- Analyze potential book to tax differences
- Confirm the correct classification of liquidity with US tax team (NQ vs QDI or short term vs long term)
- Ensure valuations are properly updated after completion of P&L bookings
Investment Package & Disclosures
- Work with US tax team to highlight potential characteristics of a new investment, such as 926 foreign reporting, PFIC, UBTI, SALT etc.
- Maintenance of various tax schedules based on investment’s criteria
Daily Journal Entry Checks
- Individual to run daily Excel file with various journal entry checks to ensure prior day’s entries have been correctly booked
- Will need to analyze variances and notify the appropriate individual
- Examples of checks (Do Not Use investors, JE balancing, divested deals, Backup Path, etc.)
- Ensure no prior period adjustments are being booked in the system
Tax Package Prep
- Run tax packages for various entities as requested and conduct initial checks
- Assist with preparing files to be sent to Deloitte & running macros to generate feeds on an ad hoc basis
- Assistance with 1099 reporting for external vendors
Allocation Rule Checks
- Ensure journal entries are being booked in accordance with defined allocation rules per partnership agreement
- In the event of user defined allocations, investigate reason behind such allocations & confirm accuracy
Basis Roll forward Recs
- Preparation of tax basis schedules for various corporate blockers in the event of a full or partial liquidation
- Analyze tax payments made by blocker and ensure they are booked correctly
Inter company Recs
- Run inter company reconciliation file on a weekly basis to ensure all entries have a corresponding receivable/payable
- Notify the necessary individual if there is a mismatch
This position offers a unique opportunity for a person at this level to experience the true inner workings of one of the leading private equity firms in the world. The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Finance or Accounting degree with 3 to 5 years of Global Tax related work experience especially with PE clients.
- Conceptual knowledge about PE fund is an added advantage.
- Technologically savvy. At a minimum requires excellent Excel skills (lookups, macros, visual basic, pivot tables, etc.) and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to work timely with high volumes of data.
- Analytical and critical thinker who is curious with strong problem solving skills.
- Requires excellent time management and project management skills with ability to multi-task and deliver on deadlines.
- High integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm information.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills conducive to working in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Together as a team, we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.