Technical Coordinator - Accounts Payable
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for providing day to day support to Analysts and Senior Analysts in processing transactions. Focuses on resolution of complex transactions interpreting policies, guidelines and/or processes. Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency. Has excellent process knowledge on all the sub processes within the Accounts payable area.
- Focuses on resolution of complex transactions interpreting policies, guidelines and/or processes.
- Identify and document new procedures and controls, ensure DPADS are up to date with version control
- Provides on-the-job technical training and coaching for Analysts and Senior Analysts and maintain and updated New Hire Training documentation
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency , conduct sessions with the team on process updates and maintains log of all Process updates
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- Acts as a backup for the Team Leader and responsible for conducting Team Huddles in the absence of the Team Leader for work allocation purposes
- Understands and caries out all reporting related activities for the team, Reviews and maintains error logs and documents discrepancies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Prior knowledge of Accounts Payables - Invoice processing, Sub Custody invoice processing, Vendor Master set up and payments would be required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Understanding of SOX controls and Internal controls in the Accounts Payable area would be preferred
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Required A College or University degree and/at least 4-5 years of work experience in the Accounts Payable area
- Related Industry qualification / or studying towards, is preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.