Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an immediate opening for an Accountant to join the Business Management team in Aldershot, Hampshire. The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build on your Accounting and Business Management experience and to gain exposure to various business lines Enterprise has to offer.
You will work closely with our operational team to build new accounting processes and policies to ensure financial accuracy within the monthly financials we report. We are looking for somebody with an inquisitive mind, looking for opportunities to help drive the overall business forward with a willingness to explore new ideas and processes and question current business practices. The ideal candidate will be part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) with experience of working in a fast-paced environment looking to challenge themselves in a complex and ever changing environment.
The role will include a comprehensive training programme and study support towards completing professional studies (after completion of 90-day probationary period).
- Facilitate an accurate and timely month-end closing process that includes the coordination of multiple employees across multiple departments
- Ensure Financial Statement and balance sheet schedule reconciliations and performance reports are produced timely and accurately
- Ensure VAT returns and bank reconciliations are submitted timely and accurately
- Involvement in annual and ad-hoc Forecasts
- Working within a team as a business partner to senior management to improve operations, provide useful reporting, and analyse and interpret trends to support cost control and add value to the business
- Continually identifying process improvement opportunities within the team and implementing them through consultation/working with management
- Assist with AP and AR
- Deliver a summary of financial performance to various levels of management
- Maintain an environment of strong internal controls by operating within applicable laws, corporate and group policies
The successful candidate will have and be required to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent problem solving, communication & time management skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data
- Detail orientation and strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines and think independently
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and willingness to question current practices
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships at all level
- Advanced PC skills, Microsoft Word and Excel at a minimum (Knowledge of Access a plus)
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Accounting experience
- Experience of Oracle/SAP ERP is favourable but not required
- Please note that due to the nature of the role, successful applicants will require the ability to pass a security check which involves Financial Probity and Basic Criminality
Apply for Accountant
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly