Associate-Legal Entity Control
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Legal Entity Controllers (LEC) group is responsible for the accounting, reporting and oversight of Morgan Stanley’s core legal entities. The group’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation of financial statements, regulatory filings, monthly closing of the Firm’s books and records, analytics, entity-specific accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation and account structure maintenance.
The main focus of the role will be to manage the legal entity reporting comprising financial reporting, regulatory reporting, tax filings and MIS reporting for the legal entities in India comprising the following responsibilities:
Take care of the month end process which includes reconciliations (Intercompany, Bank, control accounts), FX revaluations, Transfer pricing calculations, booking of GAAP adjustments
- Oversight of monthly reconciliation of accounts and balances
- Review of monthly GST returns and payments
- Review of Withholding tax liability and returns
- Preparation of Annual Tax audit and Annual GST Returns
- Review of the tax assessment, audit and such other submissions across the board
- Liaising with Accounts Payable and resolving their queries on WHT & GST
- Co-ordination of all legal entity activity, with key internal experts such as Tax, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Preparation and review of statutory financial statement
- Preparation of regulatory returns to various authorities- RBI, SEBI etc
- Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including: external auditors, external consultants, business unit and Tax.
The role will also require participation in the development of the LEC function in Mumbai, involving:
- Supporting the Business Units in new products and adapting the entity’s ledgers and system requirements.
- Ongoing entity-specific initiatives and projects.
- Contributing to the reporting control framework, ensuring compliance to client requirements and internal policy.
- CA with 3 to 4 yrs of experience
- Good knowledge of Income tax and GST provisions
- Accounting knowledge of IFRS/INDAS/USGAAP
- Good communication skills- clear, concise and appropriate method of delivery
- Strong Analytical skills
- Team player
- Shows a willingness to learn and adapt to the organization culture
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.