Accounting Sr. Analyst
What you will achieve:
As an Accounting Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for preparing month end and quarter end close activities related to Revenue Accounting. You will liaise with other functional teams on the accounting close activities. You will have to ensure accounting close activities are performed accurately and on a timely basis. In addition, you will continuously drive for accounting process improvements and ensure proper and sufficient controls are in place surrounding accounting activities. You will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and if needed work with relevant non-accounting personnel as they may have downstream implication to the revenue accounting process.
In addition, you will:
- Research and recommend system improvements to increase department efficiency and accuracy
- Advise and consult on financial and or/accounting issues involving business activities to ensure proper legal compliance
- Provide support to business unit accounting group as required
- Make sure the internal accounting reporting requirements of the company are met
- Always ensure company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Work closely and provide business support to business, Finance, operation teams
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 3 to 7 years of related experience in a similar position
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance or Professional Accountancy Qualification
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Self-motivated & independent, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent in organizing & analytical skills, with a very strong aptitude for standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong drive for results and business acumen with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Effective communication with strong interpersonal skills
- Have an inquisitive mind with the desire to learn automation skills
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Support internal & external auditor process on statutory audits / SOX / Quarterly reporting etc.
- Involve in month end closing activities and ensure smooth, timely and accurate financial month end closing without surprises. This includes planning & coordinating with finance & business operation teams on financial data & report, transacting accounting entries, ensuring completeness & timeliness of entries booking.
- Integrate & continuously improve accounting/close processes.
- Ensure consistent accounting treatment globally with Corporate Reporting & Dell worldwide.
- Ensure compliance to finance & corporate policies.
- Perform monthly journal booking in accordance with Corporate Policy
- Complete assigned Balance Sheet Reconciliation in accordance with Corporate Policy and minimize all reconciling items with aging greater than 90 days
- Involve in CFR and Revenue Walk analysis and fluctuation commentary
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation and journal review
- Prepare & provide ad-hoc information as & when required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.