Audit Director – Internal Audit Location Lead Madrid, DIR #184681
Join us as an Audit Director for our Internal Audit team in Madrid within our leading-edge audit function, where you will be the senior leader in the location overseeing Credit Suisse Bank (Europe), S.A. (CSEB) and its branches in Europe. You will lead the local risk assessment and manage audits to ensure efficient and high quality execution, while developing staff on your audit team through coaching and mentoring. As part of our team, you will have access to advanced auditing capabilities and will also work in close collaboration with Heads of Audit to define and implement a program of continuous risk monitoring which contributes to assurance and future audit planning. This role involves direct interaction with the CSEB’s senior management, where you will be encouraged to act as a trusted partner and use your independence and influencing skills to support the improvement of the CSEB’s risk and control environment.Your future colleagues
Join a team where success is driven by our ability to identify emerging risks and present compelling arguments with breadth and depth. We collaborate across multiple skillsets (i.e. business, technology, change and data analysts) to build well-informed influencers with deep industry knowledge and commercial expertise. A forward-thinking attitude has enabled us to adopt new technologies and ideas, helping minimize inefficiencies and maximize thinking time. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Your skills and experience
- 15 years of auditing experience at an institution supervised by the European Central Bank (ECB), preferably with Investment Banking knowledge.
- Experience in acting as the Internal Audit representative facing regulators, including the ECB and national competent authorities, providing Internal Audit’s views and opinions.
- Strong understanding of the European regulatory requirements pertaining to banks like CSEB as well as knowledge and experience of delivering specific regulatory requirements impacting Internal Audit.
- Strong communication skills including ability to deliver key messages and conclusions on complex topics to senior management and governance fora (including Board level committees).
- Experience in an international environment, comfortable working with colleagues across multiple locations. Strong English language skills are essential.
- Proven track record in managing and developing Internal Audit functions and dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture where diverse perspectives are valued. This includes identifying resource and skill requirements and leading the hiring process, supporting team career development and performance appraisal.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.