Do you enjoy working with globally distributed, diverse pool of stakeholders and supporting them with your expertise?
Are you an analytical mind able to manage complex transactions?
Join our Procurement Operations Team!
The Procurement Team owns Akamai's end-to-end purchasing process. On daily basis we manage purchase requisitions and process purchase orders while ensuring compliance with controls and policies. By building and maintaining great relationships with our suppliers we constantly enable favorable transactional opportunities for the business.
Partner with the best
In this role, you'll have an opportunity to support the full procurement process from sourcing activities, reviewing contracts and negotiation with suppliers, to managing purchase orders, ensuring that our internal stakeholders get best quality service on acceptable terms. Working across the globe, you will experience complex cases and cooperate with multiple stakeholders.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing ongoing support to both internal stakeholders and suppliers during the order process and creating purchase orders
- Serving as an expert for purchasing system to advise and support stakeholders with their questions
- Identifying and resolving any process exceptions or transactional issues to ensure smooth processing and highest service level
- Reviewing and negotiating supplier contracts according to Akamai Procurement Policy and guidance
- Working with accounting teams to coordinate proper booking and payment processes
- Communicating with internal stakeholders and suppliers in case of purchase related queries
Do what you love
To be successful on this role you will:
- Have experience in Procurement area, preferably in Strategic Sourcing
- Have proven experience in managing multi-region customers, suppliers – diverse supplier base
- Show proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on Excel
- Possess great analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to gather, synthesize and summarize data
- Demonstrate good collaboration and communication skills with fluency in the English language
- Have an ability to work independently and manage multiple activities concurrently
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
As we are providing service across the globe and there is a need to cooperate with stakeholders in different locations, it is sometimes required to work in the afternoon hours (ca. 5 days per month).
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams drive progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.