The Assistant Accountant will play a key role in activities of the department supporting the finance manager to ensure that accounting control is maintained and the results are reported to group in a timely manner.
Our client is currently recruiting for a part qualified accountant to join the team following a significant acquisition by the group. They are based in Swindon and offer flexible working.
The Assistant Accountant will responsible for;
- Updating prepayments and accruals - ensuring that analysis is provided to enable a full understanding of what is the in the balance sheet
- Payroll Posting and reconciliation
- Intercompany confirmations, reporting and billing
- Reviewing the AR balances and ensuring that they are followed up
- Fixed Asset accounting including the maintenance of the IFRS 16 group ledger
- Loading data to the groups consolidation system and ensuring that the analysis schedules are complete as required on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Maintaining Sales master data on debtor cards
- Completing and or reviewing key balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual audit process for UK, Belgium, Benelux, Ireland and Alias as required.
- Provide support for the reporting to group on a monthly basis ensuring all group reporting and analysis is accurate on time.
- Analysis of the facilities costs within the UK.
- Support the Finance Manager as and when required.
- Administration of the new expense management system.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an Assistant Accountant and will be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/AAT)
A salary of between £32,000 and £35,000 + study support is on offer to the successful candidate.