Analyst Expenses & Productivity
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice.
The RBS Expenses and Productivity team sits within the Performance Management team and is responsible for the delivery of annual expense plans, including actuals reporting and monthly forecasts, FTE and productivity reporting, and commercial and strategic insights and advice to drive RBS performance and strategy.
Do work that matters
- Generalist support to Senior Manager, Expenses and Productivity across the annual cycle, including Target setting, Plan load, actuals reporting, forecast submissions, plan transfers, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Production of analysis and insight to drive RBS performance and strategy
- Preparing high quality presentations and supporting analysis / insight for senior management (RBS Group Executive, CFO and Group Finance)
- Answering ad hoc queries from the RBS CFO, Group Finance, RBS business and strategy
- Understand the financial and performance management frameworks of the RBS P&L and Balance Sheet;
- Manage the integrity of the general ledger;
- Support the co-ordination and management of financial controls across the Retail Bank;
- Driving continuous improvement within the RBS team
- Building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Business Performance team
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA Qualified
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Highly numerate with strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong experience in financial performance management (monthly management reporting/ forecasting)
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong team work capabilities / management of group tasks
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Closing Date: 11/10/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.