Senior Financial Reporting Manager, Assistant Vice President
Based in Krakow or Gdansk, you will work as part of the senior management team in Financial Reporting. A senior management role, primary responsibility is to lead and develop the Financial Reporting teams. Provide senior leadership support to manage client and auditor relationships, lead staff management and development and have an ability to network at all levels in the industry.
Requires excellent staff management and development skills to grow the team over coming years. Strong technical expertise (GAAP and relevant Financial Statement Regulatory disclosure) on financial reporting related and audit matters would be an asset. Need to possess excellent communication and networking skills to grow the team and attract strong internal and external talent over coming years. The role holder will be reporting to a Vice President, this position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department.Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible for
As Senior Financial Reporting Manager you will
- Lead, develop and grow the Financial Reporting teams in line with EMEA targets and highest standards of excellence required.
- Work closely with the department head and other senior staff within the Financial Reporting and across functions to manage and lead the Financial Reporting team.
- Provide senior leadership and technical Financial Reporting advice to your staff, clients, audit firms and other parties as required.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of your direct and in-direct reports, provide regular formal and informal feedback using 1-2-1 and skip level meetings and set clear development goals for your staff to ensure they are developed and managed.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new Financial Reporting staff.
- Possess and demand strong technical expertise on Financial Reporting related matters and have an ability to network at all levels in the industry to attract strong candidates to the team.
- Work closely with senior management in the department and interact with other senior staff within State Street across functions to plan and deliver projects assigned.
- Manage and develop relationships with your clients and audit firms.
- Work closely to manage any offshore resources which may be used as part of the Financial Reporting process.
- Represent State Street Financial Reporting at local industry as appropriate.
- Make sound operational judgment and decisions as required.
- Assist other senior management in the department and deputize for your senior manager as required.
- Continuously steer change in the department, encourage new ways of making department more efficient through use of automation and process review and change.
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered. Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in managing a mid-sized team (at least 4-5 years of experience) – setting individual and team goals, performance management, coaching and mentoring staff
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Ability to work in a pressurized and challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (e.g. excel, word, power point).
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.
- Willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a similar financial reporting environment preferable within the funds industry or auditing/accounting companies.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) with a business or related degree will be an asset.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.