Fund Accounting Manager, Officer
7 days left
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
The role holder will be directly responsible for Fund Groups servicing Clients Headed by Team Supervisor therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills. Reporting to a Senior Fund Accounting Manager, the candidate will be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment. The candidate will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment.Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Manager you will
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Assume responsibility for all Fund Accounting operational tasks.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Senior Fund Accounting Manager & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Initial point of contact for Fund Accounting Senior Associate(s) in your charge.
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide weekly reporting on issues and status to management team.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new Fund Accounting staff.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Run monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc ensuring any action points are followed up.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Organisational and Report Writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results.
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks.
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Foster collaboration & team work.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.