Business Manager - EMEA Investment Banking
2 days left
- Experience level
- Support Senior Banking Business Managers and SCOs across local and regional responsibilities in all aspects; projects, control, financial performance, people and strategy
- Primarily provide support to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Nordic and Israel IB teams
- Proactively and on request provide strategic analysis and reporting to facilitate business progression
- Help manage business risk by ensuring an effective control environment across the regional franchise in compliance with LOB and corporate-wide objectives and policies
- Help communicate the business performance, controls, priorities, strategy
- Manage and coordinate multiple business projects simultaneously
- Cooperate with numerous functional and business areas
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
- Preparation of periodic and ad hoc business performance presentations incl. revenues and market data analysis, monthly KPIs
- Maintenance of the deal pipeline, incl. forecasting exercises and reporting
- Management of client coverage lists and client reference data across all systems
- Point of contact for ensuring business adherence to deal life-cycle controls
- Partner with all corporate functions to support bankers on various deliverables
- Contribution to the EMEA/Global F&BM agenda (priorities, projects, events)
- End-to-end management of process enhancements, including new business initiatives within the CIB framework and ability to provide regular project updates to the mgmt. team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Education to degree standard (or equivalent) in a Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Strong understanding of Corporate Finance and Capital markets, operating models and processes
- Demonstrated success in a project management and capital markets support or front-office function
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, able to take ownership of issues and follow through to closure
- Excellent communication skills across seniorities and functional areas; influencing and relationship building skills; excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, confident and inquisitive, with ability to learn quickly
- Strong organisational and time management skills; flexibility, ability to prioritise requests and multi-task
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment; self motivated and effective under pressure
- Ability to work well individually and partner effectively; strong team player
- Pro-active and problem solving mindset with ability to identify, clearly present and implement solutions
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improvement
- Build effective relationships and work closely with F&BM colleagues; Strong culture carrier
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.