Senior Analyst - Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Description - External
Continue to grow your career with us!
We believe in empowering our partners with the resources, support and opportunities to Achieve Greater and reach their full potential.
As a Northern Trust Partner, you will continue to be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity.Job Description Global Business Continuity and Recovery Services (GBCRS) team is part of the Corporate Operational Risk within the second line of defense in Corporate Risk Management organization. The team has been set up to work closely with individual businesses and their functions in the first line of defense to provide BC oversight and advise them on the corporate Business Continuity program, Disaster recovery plans, provides incident management response, facilitates embedding of risk management culture and supports the global team for risk committee metrics reporting. This position reports to the APAC Business Continuity Manager. This techno- functional role involves assisting in the coordination of business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) planning and implementation processes across the business by providing ongoing technical support of the Salesforce based tool platform globally, key resiliency metrics reporting for various governance bodies globally and regionally. The role is based in Bangalore India but provides global support of the resiliency tool for offices located in APAC, Europe Middle East & Africa as well as North America regions. Role Key elements of the role include the following:
- Consulting with individual functional areas to enhance BC and DR plans, including analysing, reviewing and critiquing plans and test results.
- Preparing and presenting analysis in the form of spreadsheets and written reports for Risk groups and Business Unit Management using the BC Tool.
- Facilitating exercising of plans, using a variety of approaches, to strengthen plan development.
- Providing BC & DR training to functional areas in line with the requirements of the corporate standards.
- In the event of a significant incident which impacts operations, providing input and coordinating successful business resumption and recovery activities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on BC Tool support for consultation on BC/DR matters globally.
- Assists the global GBCRS team in specific projects as allotted from time to time.
- Monitors and reports upon BC and DR plan status using the tool working with the Business Unit Managers as applicable.
- Consults with individual areas, identifying needs, gathering information and analysing data to assist in the development of BC & DR plans.
- Analyses and reviews business unit BC and DR plans and test results by assessing various data, including compliance with corporate standards.
- Interacts with all levels throughout the organisation to present the BC and DR programs and processes and to ensure that workable plans are created.
- Provides assistance in the management of the response to any significant incident which has the potential to impact operations.
- Assists in the formal presentation of the bank's BC and DR processes and strategies to clients to assure them their needs will be met during a significant incident.
- Prepares management reports globally consistent with department and corporate standards regarding individual plans and overall plan status as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of current legal/compliance requirements for BC and DR plans and standards and interprets and applies principles to remain in compliance with same.
- Risk/Advisory/Oversight experience of 4 -5 years is desirable.
- Previous Financial Services experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of business resiliency solutions, communications and systems technologies.
- Strong report preparation/presentation skills
- Strong Excel experience (macros / pivot tables);
- Strong data manipulation experience
- Prior experience in working with Salesforce based platforms and a Salesforce administrator/developer certification
- Negotiation and organisational skills for plan development and implementation.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance requirements for financial institutions regarding BC and DR programs a plus.
Working with Us:
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.