Associate Consultant - Risk Data Analytics
Description - External
Continue to grow your career with us!
We believe in empowering our partners with the resources, support and opportunities to Achieve Greater and reach their full potential.
As a Northern Trust Partner, you will continue to be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity.
About the role:
Associate Consultant, Risk Data Analytics is a key member of the Risk Analytics and Data Services team and will have responsibilities consist mainly of creation and tracking of key performance indicators as well as design, and delivery of analytical solutions that will bring and enable insightful decision making by business partners. The Associate Consultant will work under supervision and in a team environment performing requirements gathering, data analysis, dataset preparation, validation and reporting/ visualization.Major Duties
- Support the data analytics needs of Risk Analytics and Data Services department
- Develop using PL/SQL and any other Data Integration tools to create data sets required for analytical solutions
- Understand and analyze multiple data sources and critical data elements related to Risk and Compliance
- Design and develop Data Quality scorecards using IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer
- Analyze and understand Northern Trust risk-related processes and data flows to design and develop enduring database and BI solutions that provide analytical insights
- Contribute to the development and delivery of solutions that: leverage and extend existing Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence and analytics infrastructure; take data governance and enterprise solutions into consideration; are scalable, repeatable and effective; and follow agreed upon governance and technology policies
- Develop dashboard and create ad-hoc reporting as needed using self-service tools like Power BI
- Create and maintain requirements, specifications, and business processes documentation
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve accuracy, viability and value
Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or a related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong database systems development competence and data architecture/ modeling skills
- 4-7 years of relevant experience with Banking/ Financial Services/ Insurance industry is required. Risk and Compliance data exposure is preferred
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Strong capability to load and process large amounts of data for analytical purposes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in PL/SQL and IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Credit Risk data and credit risk management concepts (BCBS 239 and CCAR) is required
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of data management and analytical platforms and tools
- Knowledge of other Enterprise Data Governance tools like IBM Infosphere Information Analyzer is a plus
Working with Us:
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
Grow your career and apply today!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.