Head of Business Operations, SVP
The Head of Business Operations at State Street’s recently launched Digital Division is a strategic and creative thinker with a deep understanding of digital asset technology coupled with extensive institutional experience. The Head of Business Operations will be responsible for driving the execution of the enterprise strategy for State Street Digital. This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary executive looking to take a leadership role in building the future digital infrastructure of financial markets from the ground up.
This role will report directly into the Head of State Street Digital, and will work closely with the Product Strategy, Digital Architecture teams, and the Business Partnership organization to execute effectively. In addition, they will be involved in engagement with State Street Digital’s partners and vendors, from conception of new products to delivery of client services.
These product verticals include:
- Accounting/Fund administration
This unique role requires knowledge of investment services business operations – particularly in the areas of custody, payments, issuance, middle office, compliance and data services - as well as a broad understanding of next generation technologies, including distributed ledger technologies (Blockchain), tokenization services, wallet technology, cryptocurrencies, and AI. This role also requires a strong background in digital transformation and business change management to help grow nascent businesses.
While this role has been advertised as being Boston based, we are open to have this role based anywhere within the global footprint of the organization and potentially be location agnostic for the right candidate.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Business Operations you will
- Own the overall Operating Model for State Street Digital
- Contribute to the enterprise strategy for the organization as a thought partner
- Build and oversee a team of Business Operations specialists to develop sustainable, scalable operational solutions and best-in-class client service delivery models
- Build and oversee a team of Network Management specialists to onboard and manage the full life-cycle of relationships with third parties
- Produce regular progress updates and develop a risk metric framework to ensure full transparency and clarity of deliverables for State Street Executive Members
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Engage effectively with business partners to ensure risks and controls in new models are understood and appropriately managed, and that the business operates in compliance with jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- Constructively challenge the status quo; collaborate with the Head of Compliance and senior members of the State Street Global Delivery organization to help accelerate product development cycles
- Experience in driving innovative products in a start-up culture (preferably within large, complex organizations)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Significant experience in operations and client service for front-to-back financial products
- Proven change manager delivering successful outcomes on transformation initiatives
- Significant understanding of relevant enterprise financial technology solutions
- Excellent presentation, communications, collaboration and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- MBA or advanced degree preferred