Financial Services Organization: Service Delivery Center - Analyst, Guidewire Systems
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Financial Services Organization: Service Delivery Center - Analyst, Guidewire Systems - Jacksonville, FL; Alpharetta, GA; San Antonio, TX
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. This practice also has several Service Delivery Centers that are made up of high-performing US-based resources who work closely with our experienced client serving professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based Financial Services clients. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced Advisory professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based financial services clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the FSO Advisory practice.
As an Analyst within the Service Delivery Center’s Guidewire Advisory practice, you’ll support the Guidewire engagement teams in the field supporting integration, configuration, and data migration. We’re looking for someone who can learn the Guidewire software and grow within the Service Delivery Center.
Skills and attributes for success
You’ll spend most of your time on either: Integration (ie. Leading development of integration requirements and design aligned to technology architecture); Configuration (ie Applying system analysis techniques and procedures including meeting with various resources to qualify required information, analyzing and interpreting requirements); and Data (ie. Leading team members to develop conceptual, logical and physical data models. Managing data and understand data structures)
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Build scalable, distributed, multi-threaded Java applications and tools using various technologies
- Collaborate with peer groups for architecture and delivery discussions/decisions
- Work with build teams to enhance continuous integration techniques, including build automation, test automation and deployment
- Participate in design, development and code reviews
- Develop requirements specifications and design documents
- Conduct unit tests and undertake analysis of results to verify that developed code meets requirements
- Report directly to the Senior Architect/Manager as appropriate
- Responsible for delivery of business cases, use cases, code and unit tests
- Work closely with offshore teams (as needed) to deliver projects to time, cost and quality requirements
- Adopt a logical and organized approach to problem resolution
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Willingness to learn and quickly adapt to changing requirements
- Proactive approach in identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
- Database/SQL, data integration, ETL and data movement-related development
- Reporting and dashboards
- Business and data analytics development and deployment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Industrial Administration, Business, or a related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
- 2 years of experience working at or advising a property and casualty insurance carrier.
- 2 years of experience as a member of a technology team participating in one or many of the technology life cycle phases. Could include requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the software industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.