Business Consulting - Enterprise Risk, Manager
We enhance performance through creating risk-enabled organizations. We help clients identify important risks, design frameworks to manage them, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management. As an enterprise risk professional, you will be addressing client issues such as business performance variability, business and process controls transformation; governance, risk and control (GRC) technology enablement, business, continuous monitoring, vendor and contract risk management. You will belong to an international network of specialists helping our clients transform risk functions and implement technology solutions that support risk management and governance.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills in risk strategy, risk function design, risk management, and performance enhancement. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Enterprise-wide Governance, Risk and Compliance
As part of our governance, risk, and compliance team, focusing on high-impact opportunities, you’ll extend your capabilities in governance, risk, and compliance. Applying your knowledge and experience to shape our services, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. You’ll work alongside clients and colleagues, balancing your time between developing security strategies, advising stakeholders, providing workshops, and supporting business development. If you’re flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment, there’s no better place to develop your skills. Since you’ll be working directly with clients, some travel will be required. Key areas of focus include:
- Enterprise risk and resilience
- Internal audit
- Internal controls
Your key responsibilities
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Consistently deliver quality client services and manage expectations of client service delivery
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships and networks with clients and internal EY stakeholders
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Possess in-depth business acumen and demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical, and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, engineering, mathematics, or other relevant disciplines
- At least 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience, preferably in a professional services environment or MNC. Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for the Associate position
- Strong understanding of risk management processes risks identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation. Facilitation of risk assessment workshops
- Experience in developing risk management governance structure and ensure compliance across organizations diverse environment
- Experience in engaging and managing a variety of stakeholders with an ability to consult and develop remediation options, risk mitigation solutions
- Understanding of reporting requirements
- Practical experience and understanding of technology and business processes in providing related risk assurance and advisory considerations
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia