- Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Major Projects team to work site based in Warrington.
- The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employers needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
What you'll be doing
As a Finance Assistant you will:
- Finance Assistant to provide support to the Finance Department in managing a smooth and accurate invoice processing function to ensure timely payment to suppliers;
- Daily date stamping and logging of all invoices received onto the Invoice Tracker;
- Checking, coding and entry of Invoices onto Jacobs Oracle R12;
- Liaise with both Commercial and Procurement to ensure adequate PO cover for all invoices;
- Seek invoice approvals in accordance with the authorisation matrix;
- Assistance with preparation of weekly payment runs;
- Ensure supplier payments are reconciled and marked off in Oracle R12;
- Credit Card transaction processing;
- Maintain CIS database;
- Maintain the Asset Register;
- Close working alongside the Project Accountant & Cost Engineer;
- Cover the duties of the Finance Department including holiday cover when required.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Prior Accounts Processing experience preferable;
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Why work for us
- Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.