Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Supervisor to join our Finance & Accounting team to work in Coleshill.
- To provide professional site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery;
- To be responsible for providing consistent, effective and efficient site support services in accordance with CSUK policy.
As a Cost Supervisor you will:
- Provide accurate costing and control of project expenditure, reflected in the timely production of monthly project cost reports;
- Interface directly with the project staff to ensure projects receive adequate support and guidance from the site support function;
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across projects in accordance with all relevant CSUK policies;
- Manage new starts/ transfers/ timesheet input for weekly paid operatives;
- Review accounts transactions processed by Cost Administrators including plant transactions, catalogue call-offs, material receipt/ GRN processing, invoice processing, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions are accurate;
- Process accounts transactions including plant returns & queries, sundry sales invoices, rent, petty cash, minor value purchases, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions;
- Calculate project accruals for CVR;
- Assist with resolution of payroll queries;
- Data gathering, recording and reporting for sustainability (CRC, meters, van logs etc);
- Assist with site set-up;
- Manage project staff holiday records and timesheets (may change with self-service timesheets);
- Manage project ancillary staff cleaners, storemen, secretaries;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Should have experience of performing a site admin role producing and reporting project cost either on a large site or across multiple sites in a construction environment. The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally and apply and comply with the CSUK site support procedures is essential;
- This is a position of considerable responsibility involving ordering, receipting, invoice processing and payroll;
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and construction/engineering working rule agreements is desirable;
- Numeracy and IT skills: MS Office packages including Excel (intermediate level) are required;
- The ability to influence key project stakeholders within the organisation to ensure good practise and a collaborative approach is taken to ensure efficient cost control on the project(s).
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.