Capital Projects Agile Business Analyst - AVP
7 days left
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals globally.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment Community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The GCC Project team is responsible for managing a considerable percentage of Finance’s technology spend, helping to deliver across a portfolio of projects including, Regulatory Capital, Leverage and Reporting, Financial Accounting and General Ledger renovation.
A current focus of the GCC Projects Capital team is to implement reporting processes to meet the requirements of CRR II, across the UK and European jurisdictions.
Role and responsibilities
The role is London based and reports directly into the Vice President responsible for the SA-CRR workstream. The role involves engagement with a wide range of stakeholders across Finance and IT and across regions.
The role will involve ownership for discrete components of the overall project including:
- writing functional requirements / user stories and acceptance criteria
- liaising with IT to communicate functional requirement
- supporting users and dedicated testing resource in test execution
- providing stakeholder updates
- Attention to detail and accuracy across all aspects of work deliveries
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Strong communication skills, clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Shows the ability to identify and analyse the situation through gathering relevant information to understand the root cause
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Shows a willingness to learn from others and increase own knowledge base
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and proactively looks for opportunities to increase responsibility
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong controls background with an ability to design, implement, enhance and monitor the effectiveness of existing or new controls
- Familiarity with Agile Project management methodology
- Experience in managing and developing people
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.