Tax Manager - National-Indirect - Global Location Investment Credits and Incentives - US
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Manager – Indirect Tax – Global Location Investment, Credits & Incentives Services
Our Global Location Investment, Credits and Incentives (GLICI) practice provides holistic site selection, location investment and government business incentives services to global and domestic clients.
Our clients need objective advice related to location investment decisions both domestically and globally. They also need assistance understanding and applying the myriad of economic development incentives for location, innovation, sustainability investments and more. GLICI plays a critical role as client advisors in strategic planning, location decisions and making positive societal change assisted by enabling client use of government grants, incentives and tax credits which are intended to effectuate positive societal change.
Your Key responsibilities
In your role as a Manager within EY’s National Tax practice, you will work with project teams across globe to advise external clients related to location investment decisions. You will also advise external clients relate to economic development grants, tax credits and incentives. As a National Tax Manager, you will also have internal client responsibilities to assist EY client service professionals understand proposed and newly passed legislation as it relates to economic development matters and assist in developing solutions which will be proposed to clients.
Skills and attributes for Success
Supporting the full engagement life cycle of location advisory and economic development incentives related advisory engagements including:
- Managing projects, including scheduling meetings, planning resources and supporting overall client needs
- Managing project processes, such as writing proposals, drafting Statements of Work, reporting on progress and initiating client billing
- Engaging with clients
- Developing client deliverables such as location assessments, incentives analysis and documentation, tax and incentives analysis, bench marking studies, requests for proposal from State & Local Economic Development Authorities, tax and business cost modeling
- Delivering value to internal and external clients by identifying innovative and leading trends in location analysis and economic incentives by following federal, state and local legislative, statutory, and case law developments
To qualify for the role you must have
- B.S or B.A., prefer also JD, CPA, LLM, MT and/or progress toward Enrolled Agent status
- A minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, as well as a strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong proficiency and a high level of comfort in engaging with people of various backgrounds and beliefs
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Client Consultative background
- Intellectually curious and innovative mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Interest in Government/Politics
- Experience in environmental sustainability or LEED certified professional status
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Chemistry, etc is plus for Sustainability aspects of practice
- Prior experience with Federal, State, Local incentives
- Site Selection experience
- Technology skills
What we look for
We are seeking exceptional talent to support exceptional client services and to fuel the Americas and Global growth of our GLICI practice. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including our firms most senior talent) you will be a trusted advisor helping our clients to make strategic location decisions and to interpret and apply government grants, incentives and tax credits to their business operations.
At the same time, you will help to build a better working world by assisting the business community to effectuate and accelerate economic and social challenges associated with unemployment, disaster recovery, pandemic response, environmental sustainability, disadvantaged and under served communities and other societal challenges, by advising clients as they take action in response to government tax and business incentives aimed to positively impact these global challenges.
What we offerWe offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.