Staff - Government and Public Sector - Enterprise Risk Internal Audit - Saint Louis
5 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans, and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As a member of our Government and Public Sector (GPS) Internal Audit Team, you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising public sector clients on their most pressing internal audit and risk management issues. Notably, you will be working with a team of dedicated professionals on implementing and assessing requirements outlined in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123, Management's Responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control. Our team focuses on national priorities in defense, recovery and infrastructure investment, national security, international development, and health. You will be a key team member in the development and growth of our GPS business which is a priority for our firm.
Your key responsibilities
AnEnterpriseRiskprofessional supports our clients in understanding and identifying process risks and designing and assessing process controls to mitigate those risks. They are responsible for documenting process controls, assessing control design, developing test plans to test key controls, and writing reports to summarize observations. In addition, EnterpriseRisk professionals provide process improvement recommendations to design efficient and effective process controls to best mitigate process risks. Our clients rely on EY to deliver industry-leading internal control assessment practices as well as advise them on other pressing issues including external audit preparation, remediation of deficiencies, and other internal control requirements determined by their agency and/or department leadership.
As a Staff, you may be assigned to a particular federal agency as your primary client. In this role, you may work alongside other EY professionals, teaming partners, and client personnel on a wide range of tasks. These may include: documenting business processes, preparing and submitting documentation requests, testing the design and effectiveness of controls, drafting memos and other reports to explain team findings and recommendations, and assisting process owners with remediation efforts.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge and experience auditing, reviewing, or working with federal business processes such as funds management, budget formulation and execution, receivables management, disbursements, property management, human resources, financial reporting, and grants management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong report-writing skills to communicate findings and recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of working paper documentation standards
- Excellent communication skills to discuss observations and negotiate the acquisition of data for testing and reporting on internal controls
- Ability to conduct research on regulatory guidance, current industry standards, and trends, and new legislation and requirements.
- Ability to work independently with clients and on project teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as an IA auditor or IA risk advisor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within the industry
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance or higher
- US certification in at least one of the following: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager), CDFM (Certified Defense Financial Manager, CGAP (Certified Government Auditing Professional) or PMP (Project Management Professional). desired; If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within one year from your date of hire.
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local, and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience with OMB Circular A-123 assessments or financial statement audit, attestation, and remediation.
- Working knowledge of the US Standard General Ledger (USSGL) and the Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS)
What we look for
At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy, and enthusiasm that make the difference. Top performers have experience delivering against project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation. They have experience with federal or state agencies in shared services, often gained by working in a Big Four global management consulting firm or a blue-chip company focused on the government and the public sector.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.