AIS Fund Administrator, Associate 2
Reporting to the Senior Associate, the Associate 2 Fund Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the completion of accurate and timely reconciliations integral to the completion of the Net Asset Value (NAV) of a fund. This involves adherence to strict deadlines while supervising and contributing to the development of the team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accountant Associate 2 you will:
- Assisting with the accurate and timely production of the Net Asset Value
- Ensuring all positions are priced correctly
- Verifying that corporate actions have been processed accurately
- Processing and reviewing fund capital activity
- Performing and assisting review of cash and position reconciliations of listed and derivative products
- Supervising investigation and resolution of all reconciling cash and position items
- Coordinating with other departments on miscellaneous fund queries and reconciliations
- Processing and reviewing of various accounting transactions
- Assisting with training and development of staff
What we value:
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of complex hedge fund structures operating in a dynamic, deadline sensitive environment. The candidate will contribute to the development of the team, on the job staff training, liaising with external parties and enhancing client satisfaction.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Approx 2 years related experience in a fund accounting environment, including knowledge of cash and position reconciliation in funds (hedge or mutual)
- Knowledge of financial products such as equities, futures, fixed income, options, etc
- Knowledge of corporate actions will be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and Deadline-driven
- Good team player, with supervisory experience a distinct advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.