We are looking for an excellent Analyst who loves to analyse, interrogate and communicate data. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Imports Team!
Let’s talk numbers. When it comes to UK retail, it’s hard to find a bigger name. We sell thousands of items an hour and are expanding our Online business by the second. For anyone in Finance, this is the place to learn. To grow. And to thrive.
Specifically you can join our Supply Chain - Imports team. As you might guess, we import items in their thousands, daily. And since they come from factories in more than 20 countries, we have to carefully manage what goes where across our 7 million+ square feet of warehouse floor space.
So, from arranging transit, to supporting our warehouse campuses as they plan for deliveries, to continually improving our efficiency and cost effectiveness – our work is about as important as it gets. And involves close working with operations every step of the way.
Due to the business growth and complexities in the global freight industry we are looking to strengthen our capability as a team with the addition of another Imports analyst.
As an Imports Analyst you will be responsible for developing regular reporting and analysis for the department and to the business to add value and support with decision making.
About the role:
- Develop regular reporting and analysis to underpin the department’s decision making process and really add value to a range of different business areas including warehousing and merchandising.
- Analysis of E Auctions (tenders) and monitoring impact of varying freight rates and charges.
- Play a leading role in coordination of departmental projects with IT.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in order to resolve issues or make improvements.
- Support the wider team in establishing controls and reporting for new initiatives.
- Highly analytical with advanced spreadsheet skills and experience of other reporting tools.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and communicate information clearly across various stakeholders.
- Possesses an enquiring mind, looking for new insights and opportunities
- Shows great motivation to resolve any outstanding issues or to meet any challenging targets.
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to establishing controls.
- Proactive approach to streamlining processes and have the ability to follow through on process improvements.
Although any previous experience in a logistics environment is desirable, we’re more interested in your transferable skills and qualities that meet the requirements above.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 8th Oct 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.