Senior Manager/Associate Director (Technical), Professional Qualifications and Development
The Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) spearheads the development of the Singapore accountancy sector with the vision of developing Singapore into a leading global accountancy hub. We are working to achieve this by deepening the skills of the accountancy talent pool; developing the industry to capture growth opportunities; and creating a hub and exchange by building Singapore into a centre for thought leadership. SAC was set up in 2013 as a statutory body under the Ministry of Finance.
Join SAC’s Professional Qualifications and Development (PQD) department which conducts and shapes the Singapore Chartered Accountant (CA) Qualification to be the qualification of choice by the local accountancy sector.
A member of the Examinations and Programmes Development team within the PQD department.
This role is a single contributor role who reports directly to the Head of PQD
1. Maintain the quality and relevance of the Singapore CA qualification (SCAQ)
- Review the SCAQ syllabus and learning materials to ensure that these have been set according to the required standards.
- Work with various external reviewers and publishers in the production of learning materials.
- Select and appoint qualified examiners, co-examiners and external reviewers, and work with them in the setting and revision of examination questions, answers and marking guides.
- Selection of markers and lead markers, issuing contracts to appointed lead markers and auditing the marking process to ensure that marking is conducted in a fair and consistent manner.
- Refresh the SCAQ modules syllabi to reflect the changing needs of accountants and equip Chartered Accountants with new capabilities to meet employers’ needs.
- Implement and manage the accreditation policy for the purpose of providing candidates with modules exemption.
- Review of candidates’ module exemption requests for the Foundation Programme.
2. Coordinate setting of examination materials
- Work with examination teams to ensure that exam materials production is on track for timely delivery, and the quality and standard of examinations are met. Exam materials include examination papers, answers, marking guides, examination guidance to candidates, and examiner’s reports.
- Conduct various meetings and debrief sessions with the examination teams.
- Monitor and review the work of any external vendors/experts engaged by SAC.
- Proof reading of examination materials to ensure the materials are in order.
3. Statistics and exam results analysis reporting
- Secretariat of the Learning and Assessment Committee - prepare regular reports and presentation slides for use at Committees and Council throughout the year.
- Analyse various data generated from examination enrolments and results to create useful information, or to identify trends/patterns, which can be used to support the PQD department in their engagement with stakeholders, and/or to support other work streams of SAC.
- Participate in relevant SAC initiatives, or cross-department projects as directed by the head of department.
- In addition to the above job scope, to perform Singapore CA Qualification related initiatives and special projects such as programme development, mutual recognition with other professional bodies, assessment of equivalence of exams or modules, reviewing appeals for module exemptions etc., that will be assigned on an ad-hoc basis by the head of department.
- Qualification in accountancy
- Is a member of at least one accountancy professional body
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in accounting firm and/or Institutes of Higher Learning. (Prior work experience in non-assurance service lines within the Big 4 Accounting Firm is an added advantage.)
- Applicants with experience on setting objective-based testing questions preferred
- Good command of English language and writing skills, including making presentations
- Able to work independently as well as in teams
- Excellent command of excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides
- Strong technical and analytical skills and highly meticulous
- Excellent communication skills, such as being tactful with a wide range of stakeholders
- Creative, self-motivated, pro-active and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Good project management skills