Site Support Assistant Cost Supervisor
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Support Assistant Cost Supervisor to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- To provide professional Site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery.
- To provide consistent, effective and efficient Site support services in accordance with Balfour Beatty policies.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Accurate costing and control of project expenditure, reflected in the timely production of monthly project cost reports.
- Interfaces directly with the project staff to ensure projects receive adequate support and guidance from the Site support function.
- Process plant transactions, catalogue call offs, material receipts/GRN processing, invoice query resolution
- Ensure that all transactions are posted in a timely manner
- Process payroll transactions for blue collar workers
- Assist with resolution of payroll queries
- Calculating project accruals for the CVR
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across all projects in line with company policies.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- The individual would ideally have experience of working within an accounts payable role or a site admin role, producing and reporting project cost either on a large site or across multiple sites in a construction environment.
- The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally and apply and comply with the Balfour Beatty site support procedures is essential.
- This is a position of responsibility involving receipting, invoice processing, payroll and project costing
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and construction/engineering working rule agreements is desirable.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.