Government & Public Sector - Service Delivery Center - Assurance - Audit - Analyst
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Ernst & Young LLP's (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a well-established, dynamic and diversified business that is experiencing tremendous current and projected growth. We have made a significant investment in building an on-shore Service Delivery Center based in San Antonio, Texas that will enable our ability to expand the scope of services we provide to the public sector. Our US GPS practice combines deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse needs of the Federal and State and Local sectors, leveraging commercial and private sector leading practices and solutions.
We provide services to both the Federal Government, including the US military and civilian agencies, as well as state, local and municipal governments across a range of offerings including data and analytics, technology automation, financial management, risk assurance, auditing and technical business program management and process improvement. This integrated approach facilitates multidimensional support and flexibility to meet our client's ever-changing needs and enables our government sector clients to prepare for the future.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients.
The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Assurance team by completing auditing report and documentation tasks, auditing tasks and support tasks. In this position, Analysts will add to skills related to Assurance and will supervise tasks performed by Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst IIs (AAs).
Your key responsibilities
- Assist with managing the administration of audit reporting and documentation by compiling data, analyzing results, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
- Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations
- Assist in managing the documentation and execution of specific audit procedures by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit techniques
- Supervise the development of audit and accounting client deliverables
- Perform financial and audit data analytics
- Assist in monitoring project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables by tracking progress in MS Project, identifying potential risks of missed deliverable deadlines, compiling status reports and developing team status reports
- Assist with monitoring cost management of projects and engagements by tracking expenditures, calculating metrics, compiling data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Collect and document client financial and audit data for weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
- Review Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst II work as needed or as directed
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years' of experience in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field
- United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements
- Experience in analyzing and solving problems
- Experience working with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
- Confidence in working with a nationally distributed team
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint),
- Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
- Travel may be required up to 20% of your time
Ideally you'll also have
CGFM or CDFM certifications are desirable
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.