Manager, New Business & Fund Activity
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Head of UKTA Change Team you will work for the Change / Business Process Analyst (BPA) Team within the UK Transfer Agency department. The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions. The UK TA change / BPA team itself is currently a team of consultants in London with support team in India. The prime responsibility of the team is to deal with business support, system development, client new business / fund activity, client on boarding, client off boarding, business development, small change and major projects.
In the role the New Business Team Manager you will lead a small team of New Business Consultants specialising in the management of fund related projects such as fund launches & closures and fund mergers as well as onboarding responsibilities onto the TA platform. This will involve the oversight of system set up, and any related activities such as UAT & regression testing, required project work and operational readiness. The role will also include understanding the relationship and liaising with Fund Accounting, Custody, Depositary and IOO departments within Northern Trust.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing Client Migration Projects, with responsibilities including data analysis on outgoing administrator take off files,operating model, inflight documentation, operational readiness and all standard migration tasks.
- Managing fund related events, ranging from standard share class launches to complex new client launches as well as fund mergers, client take offs, change in depositary and client rebrandings,
- Interacting with TA clients, operational business teams, linked departments within Northern Trust and external third parties including outgoing administrators
- Attend or run external Client calls to go through current activity scheduled or for specific projects
- Develop strong relationships with Client’s and third party providers
- Write proposals and business requirements for system changes/enhancements.
- Implement new efficiencies to improve accuracy and timeliness and reduce costs and risk.
- New Client / Fund activity / transition Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Client Joint UAT (JUAT)
- Interact with external system providers
- Document high level process flows for process improvements and systems changes to assist business areas with procedure development.
- Handhold staff on new process changes and new business / fund activity. Conduct post implementation reviews to ensure desired process goals are achieved.
- Operational Readiness
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Project Management skills – be able to create and manage a run book, work in an efficient manner and set and work to obtainable deadlines
- Previous experience in Transfer Agency and/or Business Process analysis/improvement and/or Transfer Agency Client On boarding
- Strong client servicing experience gained in financial services across a variety of areas
- Proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project
- Strong communication skills – written , oral and presentation
- Good analytical and strong time management skills
- Organise workload and team members in an efficient and effective manner
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Well being – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
- Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.