RAROC Reporting Manager
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Performance Reporting has assumed ownership of all Bank of Ireland Group financial and management reporting processes. The role is part of the Financial Management Reporting team within Group Performance Reporting.
Financial Management Reporting has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely Group and Divisional management financial information to internal stakeholders and to contribute insightful analysis to stakeholders to help in the fulfilment of business and strategic objectives.
Purpose of the Role
The RAROC Reporting Manager manages the production of quarterly and ICAAP reporting for the Group's Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) process and also management reporting on Customer lending
- Consolidation and review of Divisional inputs to the quarterly RAROC process, preparation of reporting to the Board and executive risk committees as part of the RAROC governance process
- Support the Group's annual and interim financial reporting process, subject matter expert on the Group's lending portfolios, dealing with analysis and data verification for Group Investor Relations
- Provide support to more junior members of the FMR team, help develop their knowledge and understanding of key financial information
- Ensure design and operating effectiveness of team financial controls, while also implementing improvements to current methodologies and practices
- Support key finance related projects/initiatives as required
What is the opportunity
This role provides an opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the Group's financial performance, to collaborate with various teams across the Group as part of the reporting process, and to develop presentations and reports for key stakeholders including the Board, senior executive management and Group Risk.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Recognised accountancy qualification
Essential Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in a Finance related role in financial services
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information within tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage a range of competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently on own initiative and within a collaborative team environment
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience and understanding of the Group's financial reporting processes and systems
- Strives to achieve transformation and results with the initiative and courage to challenge the status quo
- Effective stakeholder management and communication skills in a dynamic Group structure
- High energy, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.