Government and Public Sector - Staff - Transformation Execution - McLean, VA
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government and Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
EY US is currently looking for qualified professionals interested in helping US federal, state and local agencies better manage their programs and projects. If you are looking to make an impact in how our government provides its services, then come join our Transformation Execution Team.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of our Transformation Risk Team, you’ll work with government clients to support and improve a broad range of Program Management (PM) operations, including integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management. You will have the opportunity to apply your PM knowledge to meaningful and complex projects, while working with multidisciplinary teams and industry leaders. We also will provide access to robust PM training programs and in-house PM leadership. Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Participating in and leading a collaborative teamwork environment with dynamic client project engagements
- Working independently and in teams to collect and analyze data to develop innovative recommendations and methodologies for organizational, process and technology improvements
- Consistently delivering quality client services
- Establishing enduring relationships with key stakeholders and client personnel
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to our clients’ businesses
- Seeking opportunities to advance business acumen by learning from senior resources
- Communicating the improvements from and helping implement EY US’ portfolio management, PM and project management methodologies
- Developing people through effective leadership, coaching and mentoring of all levels of staff
- Supporting people-related initiatives through competency brand building (e.g., recruitment, retention, training, competency development)
Skills and attributes for success
- Understand clients’ cultures and operations to influence important decisions
- Leverage industry leading practices and trends to provide valuable insights to clients
- Assist with cultivating and managing business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients.
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or a business-related field and at least two years of consulting or relevant industry experience
- At least one year of experience leading teams on engagements required
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Process improvement
- Stakeholder and customer engagement support
- Performance measurement or performance management
- Performance measures and metrics development
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Proactively identifying team and client needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and changing needs of the client
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Paying attention to details and a commitment to excellence
- Applying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with one or more PM software package, such as Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Willingness and ability to travel to client site.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a [secret/public trust] clearance or higher.
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Prior consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global institution
What we look for
Top performers have experience supporting client service projects, business devolvement efforts and internal growth initiatives. The candidate should have experience delivering services for project plans on medium to small projects. Experience with federal, state or local agencies, often gained by working in a Big Four global management consulting firm or a blue-chip company focused on the government and the public sector, is a plus.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.