Tax Senior Manager - National-Indirect Tax Technology -- Open Location
4 days left
- Experience level
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Tax Technology Services Group is part of EY's National Tax Department. Our mission is to develop, implement, and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a manager you'll continuously enhance your proficiencies in the use of major technology tools, including application development, data acquisition and transformation, and data analytics and visualization/reporting. You'll work side-by-side with tax-technical subject matter professionals (SMPs) to develop and deploy data and technology solutions that will enable our tax-technical SMPs to efficiently and effectively deliver quality tax consulting, with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations.
Be part of a team that helps build sustainable tax strategies; assesses, improves and monitors tax functions' processes, and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities. Manage key components of multiple tax engagements, including strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service.
Your key responsibilities
We'll look to you to challenge the effectiveness of the tax strategy and approach for all engagements while developing strong relationships across a network of existing and future clients and key stakeholders. You'll identify opportunities for the use of technology to accelerate and enhance delivery of indirect tax services and actively participate as member of pursuit teams and service delivery teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collect and document engagement team and client feedback; identify market events such as new client needs and competitor activity
- Develop or enhance proficiency in the use of major technology tools
- Drive overall deployment of technology services through active participation as part of pursuit and client service engagement teams
- Monitor penetration and performance of technology services and communicate to leadership
- Monitor competitive and client feedback and needs and communicate with leadership to develop appropriate responses, product or communications
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or technology and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- CPA license or membership to a state Bar
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Strong data analytic skills and strong communication and teaming skills
- Practical or academic experience in standard process analysis tools, process mapping, and flow chart diagramming, designing and developing databases
Ideally, you'll also have
- A minor or dual degree in accounting information systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications, Microsoft Access, SQL
What we look for
We're interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong
client focus, an interest in data modelling and analysis and the ambition to go above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What we offerWe offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.