FAAS - FP&T - Finance Processes Senior Consultant - Multiple Locations
1 day left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant to join EY’s market leading Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”) team. Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, we help some of the world’s largest companies to solve their finance and reporting challenges.Specifically, within FAAS, we are looking to recruit into our Finance Process & Technology focussed competency. We work with our clients to design and deliver solutions to meet their business challenges, including emerging challenges around UK corporate reform, financial reporting and sustainability reporting across key non-financial measures.
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional, and passionate about what they do. You will have a strong track record of delivery across accounting, reporting and finance process and controls design. You will be a team player who has a track record of contributing to the continued success of the team.
As a Senior Consultant within our team you will be offering valuable insight and advice to clients and supporting them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses.
- Support the end to end delivery of projects, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving the right outcomes for our clients
- Support financial, quality and risk management on client projects
- Contribute to your and the FAAS team’s development of functional and technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams and inclusive behaviours
- Contribute to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients, supporting the development and delivery of high-quality proposals
- Develop strong internal and external networks to bring all of EY to our clients
- Create an environment that encourages and drives innovation based on experience with the client, market, service line, functional group and EY
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the finance function
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrable expertise across projects and practice teams
- Critical thinking to be able to apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including leading meetings with senior stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Excellent report writing skills
Experience must include one or more of the below:
- Accounting and Financial reporting experience gained in a Big 4 or industry environment
- Finance process and controls design related to record to report, financial close and consolidation
- Process, risks and controls design over financial reporting
- Finance systems application or implementation e.g. SAP, Oracle, EPM systems such as Anaplan, Hyperion, etc.
Other typical experience may include whilst not limited to:
- Knowledge of wider finance related processes including elements within order to cash and procure to pay
- Accounting and regulatory change
- Internal management and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Understanding of underlying finance data architecture including general ledger, subledgers, master data structures, data objects etc.
- Data analytics skills, including utilisation of technology to be able to automate extraction, preparation and transformation of data to present to senior stakeholders, including use of data warehouses and ETL solutions such as SQL, Alteryx, etc.
- Tableau, PowerBI and other visualisation tools to present data insights
- Experience of working in a consulting role, or a transformation role in industry
- Experience in delivery of large-scale change programmes, demonstrable experience of leading change gained from hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm or in industry
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity etc.
- Balance sheet management; cost reporting and management
- A university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) or equivalent
What we look for:
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take the initiative. If you are ready to work with some of the world’s leading organisations solving some of their most complex and pressing issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.