Senior - Banking Risk Management and Prudential Regulation (m/f)
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join our Financial Services Risk Management team at EY Luxembourg and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We operate as the most globally integrated firm across all our geographical areas. Through our industry-focused approach and worldwide reach, we help clients manage risk, improve performance and sustain the results.
Our Financial Services Risk Management team focuses on wealth & asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity to provide Advisory services in the areas of Performance Improvement, Risk and IT to Financial Services organizations in Luxembourg and in EMEIA. We are seeking an experienced Senior to enhance our existing team, bringing experience in various aspects of Banking Prudential Regulation and Single Supervision Mechanism.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting our clients in the implementation of prudential reforms such as the Capital Requirements Regulation and Directive (‘CRR II/CRD V’), the Banking Recovery and Resolution Directive (‘BRRD’)’ and related banking industry transformations.
- Advising our clients in preparing the new Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (‘SREP’) and the Single Supervision Mechanism (‘SSM’).
- Ensuring support to our Audit team concerning the review of prudential indicators such as Capital requirements, Liquidity Coverage and Net Stable Funding Ratios (LCR/NSFR), Leverage Ratio and related aspects of prudential reporting (COREP) to the highest quality standards.
- Developing strategic answers and proposing these to our clients for assessing and managing the impact of these new prudential standards and requirements on their Business strategy.
- Ensuring that the solutions are aligned with regulatory updates such as European Banking Authority (EBA) guidelines, technical standards or European Commission Delegated Acts.
- Liaising with other EY service teams.
Skills and attributes for success
You are a real team player who can build relationships at all levels. You are highly self-driven, well-structured yet ﬂexible and able to adapt while your curiosity and open-minded attitude help you add substance to your well-rounded profile. This, together with an ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment, makes you the perfect candidate for pursuing a career in consulting within a world-class professional services firm.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or Financial Engineering.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and professional experience in at least one of the relevant areas: CRR II/CRD V, BRRD, Basel III, SREP, SSM, LCR/NSFR, COREP, EBA technical standards etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of banking activities, products and strategies as used by institutions in Luxembourg.
- Fluency in English and French and/or German.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional certifications such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Knowledge of financial accounting standards.
- Knowledge of quantitative financial modelling or of technical computing software such as MATLAB, R or SAS.
What we look for
At EY, we are looking for people who demonstrate integrity, respect and teaming. We are searching for professionals with energy, enthusiasm and the courage to lead and we are welcoming those who build relationships based on doing the right thing.
What we offer
In our new building in Luxembourg, you will be part of the EY family working together with 1500 professionals from more than 80 different nationalities. You will evolve by going the extra mile, providing an exceptional user experience for both your internal and external stakeholders. We are committed in “Building a better working world”.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.