In this role you will provide support for Managers and Directors in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients.
You will take responsibility for completing tasks within a general portfolio providing a wide range of services. You will ensure the work is accurate and produced within deadlines. The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation, personal taxation and tax planning giving you a wide range of experience. You will supervise junior staff as well as preparing accounts for review.
When not involved in accounts work you may support Directors with audits, ensuring all tasks are completed accurately and within timeframes to ensure the audit is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will supervise junior staff as well as preparing audit documentation for review.
Key Responsibilities -
- Preparation of Limited company accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by Managers / Directors
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations for review
- Preparation of partnership and sole trade accounts
- Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Management accounts preparation
- Deliver the audit files in accordance with UK GAAP
- Planning and delivery of audit assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Manage client communication in an effective manner
- Monitor your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern to Managers / Directors and recommend actions for improvement
- Mentor junior accountants and audit trainees
You will be -
- Recently qualified ICAEW / ACCA
- Previous experience of working within a Practice environment
- Good numeracy skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of working independently and managing own workload
About you -
- Good team player.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and with the ability to work without close supervision
- Desire to learn and develop
- Good communication skills both verbal and written including ability to take notes
- Interested in working with different clients in varying business sectors
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and client’s sites when applicable.
Regrettably we are unable to sponsor any applicant who does not have an ongoing right to work in the UK.
Apply for Practice Accountant
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly