Financial Data Analyst & Planner (Americas Tax Finance Group)(Assistant Director) (Multiple Position
Financial Data Analyst & Planner (Americas Tax Finance Group) (Assistant Director) (Multiple Positions), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, New York, NY.
Analyze financial data, reporting, and planning for tax business units or practices. Manage data, developing SSIS packages using SQL and Alteryx, and creating dashboards using Power BI and Power Apps. Interpret financial results, generate reports and analyze revenue and costs. Identify business trends in order to recommend appropriate courses of action to management, to help deal with threats and opportunities. Prepare, review and consolidate annual budgets and outlooks. Provide weekly and monthly financial reporting and analysis, for use by senior EY leaders. Provide data and interpret financial results, using statistical analyses. Present findings to management through written and oral communications. Design financial models, enabling senior leaders to analyze and interpret data more efficiently and assisting in making financial decisions. Respond to various ad hoc requests from firm leaders for analysis, reporting, and scenario modeling. Manage and motivate teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Full-time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field, and 8 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate related work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field, and 7 years of related work experience.
- Must have 5 years of experience with financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Must have 5 years of experience interpreting financial data using statistical analyses, including presenting findings to management through written or oral communication.
- Must have 1 year of experience developing SSIS packages using SQL and Alteryx. and creating dashboards using PowerBI and Power apps.
- Must have 1 year of experience designing financial models using PowerBI for use by senior leaders, including responding to ad hoc requests for analysis, reporting, and scenario modeling.
- Must have 1 year of experience interpreting and analyzing financial forecasts and budgets.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a "U.S. worker".
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.