Business Analyst, AVP
5 days left
- Experience level
Princeton, New Jersey
Kansas City, Missouri
What we are looking for
The Alpha Services is looking to hire a Strategy & Execution Analyst - Solution Design that will be responsible for the strategy, business analysis and multi-team interaction related to the execution of the Alpha Services Strategic Product programs. This includes working with Subject Matter Experts in the Alpha Middle-Office space to help bring new product development into a client ready state.
Why this job is important to us
State Street Alpha brings together data and capabilities across the investment lifecycle to help our clients make better decisions, grow at scale, and deliver returns for their clients. We partner with clients to optimize their operations, data, and technology footprint by leveraging the Alpha Platform and outsourced Alpha Services. The Alpha Services team is looking for qualified individuals with strong experience leading and executing Client Strategy Programs. The successful candidate will have strong project strategy experience, solution documentation, business architecture and program execution skills in the middle-office space. In addition, to having strong collaboration, written and verbal communication skills.
What you are responsible for
- Perform detailed analysis, collect accurate and complete business requirements, and provide acceptance criteria for specific strategic projects within the Alpha programs.
- Coordinate with and solicit feedback from key stakeholders / impacted teams to ensure end-to-end design solutions are viable and that all assumptions, constraints, risks, & dependencies are considered.
- Responsible for documentation of aforementioned project requirements, acceptance criteria, assumptions, constraints, risks, & dependencies including coordination/approval from impacted stakeholders.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert “SME” support as requested and/or required to answer/solve open questions/inquiries from Business Operations, IT partners, and other teams across the organization.
- Drive the implementation of project changes and interventions to achieve program goals.
- Exhibit and continue to build on analysis skills that support Solution reviews and improve end state design.
- Apply strong business judgment to surface implications and practical, high impact options.
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Preferred Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Preferred 7 years financial services experience within Middle Office services.
- Strong Business Analysis or Operations experience required.
- Strong knowledge of IBOR/Accounting subject matter.
- Experience working within Client Implementation programs.
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with key stakeholders including clients.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively across different levels of management
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence across multiple organizations to reach common goals.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Competencies required: demonstrated multi-team communication skills, strong middle-office knowledge, strong business analysis skills, strong analytical/problem solving ability, business/industry knowledge, communication versatility, information technology acumen, teamwork & leadership, written / verbal skills.
- Strong skills across Microsoft Office programs. Experienced with PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and MS-Project and able to use advances features within each.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. In addition, our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.