General Ledger Oversight and Control Analyst
The most common functions and activities owned by Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, financial consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
The Ledger Oversight & Control analyst will serve as the first line of communication and assistance for business users of JPM’s general ledger, SAP, as well as its reporting and reconciliation tools. The team works closely with Line of Business Controllers and Technology Partners to provide resolution for a wide variety of production issues, project implementations and user education. This individual will as act as the subject matter expert during project engagements and as a representative of the business where necessary.
Primary responsibilities of an Analyst will include, but are not limited to:
- General Ledger reconciliation for EMEA and LATAM Legal Entities including communication and resolution of variances between the General Ledger, sub-ledger and other systems
- SAP Multicurrency process control including the analysis of the revaluation and restatement process and related SAP job performance effectiveness and accuracy
- Daily P&L Close process verification
- Monthly/Quarterly balance sheet reconciliation/substantiation and adherence to the firm wide General Ledger Reconciliation & Substantiation (GLRS) standards for the specific accounts related to controls
- Preparing and processing General Ledger entries
- General Ledger account set up validation
- Business support and representation for events which require validations such as system enhancements/implementations, project go-lives, disaster recovery testing, etc.
- Support for any audit or regulatory requests
Successful candidate will be highly motivated, quick learner, with analytical skills and ability to analyze high volume of data, demonstrate leadership potential; able to shift focus to address changing priorities; eager to learn and improve controls; have the tenacity required to drive change in a sometimes stressful; fast-paced, and priority-driven environment. Additional qualifications include:
- Possess strong attention to details and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management, and communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player who will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Aptitude for consuming large amounts of data quickly and apply acquired knowledge to improve and execute responsibilities
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence Technology Partners to deliver solutions to mitigate business issues and problems
- Strong team player with controllership mindset; ability to coordinate & establish strong connects across global Teams (Delaware and India)
- Constantly work to mobilize change to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior work experience of ~2 years in accounting or finance industry
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent Excel knowledge
- Previous experience with SAP ERP system would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools will be an asset
- Good understanding of General Ledger; prior experience in General Ledger of minimum 1 year
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting
- Green Belt/Black Belt will be a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.