Depositary Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Under supervision of Manager, the Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business, act as a process SME and provide technical support to Depositary Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Operations Specialist you will
- Actively reviews and prepares LUX Depositary tasks.
- Liaise with clients (internal & external) and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Manager in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress.
- Support Manager to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site.
- Provide technical support to Depositary teams.
- Take responsibility for analysis and streamlining depositary controls, work with other SMEs to create a unified process flow. Standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Identify process inefficiencies, apply lean approach and work with team members in order to generate efficiency savings – target 10%
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Project management skills
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Excellent English
- Experience in creating Access DB, Excel Reports
- VBA knowledge
- SQL, Xceptor experience would be an advantage
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in fund administration/ project management/ IT
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.