Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
As Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, you will report into the Head of Financial Reporting. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced technical accountant to join a dynamic and fast-paced business in a senior and high profile role. You will manage the delivery of high quality financial reporting and will work closely with key senior stakeholders, providing technical expertise and support to the wider finance team and business.
My client is a fast-moving Private Equity backed business in the Financial Services industry. They have a strong future outlook and have maintained their project investment throughout lockdown. They offer a fantastic team culture, with a collaborative and supportive working environment, and actively encourage their employees to broaden their experience and progress their career.
As Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of papers to support key accounting balances
- Managing the audit process and relationship with external auditors
- Leading the production of quarterly external reporting - responsible for key reporting deliverables to external audiences
- Leading engagement with all relevant senior stakeholders within the business
- Becoming a subject matter expert and offering technical expertise and support to the wider finance team and business
- Identifying and solving financial reporting issues and risks and implementing solutions
- Ensuring compliance to Financial Control Framework
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Good experience and technical working knowledge of key IFRS relevant to statutory accounts preparation
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial services experience (Desirable but not essential)
- IT literate
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Comfortable liaising with and challenging senior stakeholders
- High level of self-motivation
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary c£55-65k (doe), plus an excellent wider benefits package. This is an excellent senior opportunity for a technically strong accountant to join a forward-thinking and successful business in a high profile and valued role.