Fund Accounting and Administration, Senior Associate
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor you will act as a subject matter expert in NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for providing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. In addition you will be responsible for managing and developing the careers of your direct reports and yourself. Managing workflow, providing trainings and ensuring up-to-date procedures to strengthen technical skills, coupled with furthering the soft skills within your team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting and Administration (AIS NAV), Senior Associate you will
- Service some of the largest Hedge Funds in the world
- Supervise the daily accounting process
- Supervise the daily position and P&L reconciliation review
- Work closely with our colleagues in each of our hub locations, reviewing the output from the fund accountants in those locations.
- Assist in preparation of Dealing Date NAV packs
- Have the opportunity to work with complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual & annual audits
- Provide excellent client service
- Assist team development
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others.
- Ambition to succeed and forge a long term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting or similar financial industry
- PC literate and competent in use of Excel
- Finance, Accounting or Business Degree
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.