Alternatives - Senior Product Business Analyst
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Product Business Analyst!
The Service Delivery Product Analyst plays a supporting role and contributes to the definition and development of enhancements to BBH’s Alternatives discipline globally. Working independently and with multi-domiciliary and multi-disciplinary teams, the Service Delivery Product Analyst ensures that BBH meets and understands its client’s product and service expectations. S/he liaises with internal contacts and clients to construct, deliver, and ensure the appropriate decisions are made related to client and product-related technology development, operations processes, new and existing product initiatives, and audit and regulatory commitments. S/he incorporates multiple perspectives: market, client, BBH relationship, short and long-term economics, strategic fit, liability, risk, and scale.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Partner with RE Product, Change Management, and Client Service constituents to create and optimize service offering and continuously improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and controls.
- Incorporate competitive analysis and market/client feedback, assess current suite of product and service offering, and assist in direction of development priorities.
- Play critical role in setting strategic vision for operating and technology platform.Continue engagement in strategic vision to ensure timely and efficient execution of strategy, including balance of tactical initiatives.
- Help facilitate internal and external audit reviews.
- Help facilitate RFPs and RFIs as requested.
- Actively participate in BBH’s Global Alternatives Organization.
- Effectively filter and escalate; Serve as escalation point for issues and deliverables.
- Understand product risks to evaluate risk/return trade-offs; ensure that proper audits, controls, and procedures are in place to identify and address operating and other forms of risk.
- Partner with global peers to identify, develop, and implement process improvements, and departmental projects.
- Interface with Client Services, RE Product, Change Management, and Systems to evaluate, recommend, and implement product and platform changes, as well as operational investment via IRG process.
- As needed, assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations.
- Build deep SME knowledge to compliment Client Service, RE Product, and Change Management in execution of investment case projects and deliverables.
- Review operational issues with management to identify product gaps and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments.
- BS/BA degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Fund Accounting, Global Custody, and/or Transfer Agency experience.
- Experience in Alternatives servicing.
- Technical and analytical ability.
- Business analysis experience and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills – concise and articulate both in verbal and written forms with ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with virtual team.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- Prior experience planning, implementing, and supporting change.
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new products, technologies, and models.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.