Transfer Agency Product Manager (Alternatives), Vice President
Boston, Massachusetts; Princeton, New Jersey; Clifton, New Jersey; Atlanta, Georgia; Quincy, Massachusetts; Kansas City, Missouri; Sacramento, California.
Who we are looking for
The Transfer agency, Vice President, will have a reporting relationship to the Global Head of Alternatives Product. The Transfer agency Product Manager is responsible for developing and driving an end to end commercialization support and ongoing management of the suite of transfer agency offering with a goal towards driving new product development from incubation to product adoption.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Transfer Agency Product Manager (Alternatives), Vice President you will
- Lead new transfer agency thought leadership and strategy for Institutional Services clients.
- Establish effective interactions between product teams, operations teams, segment teams, IT teams and corporate functions.
- Implement an effective product management governance framework for accounting product portfolio ensuring appropriate planning, coordination, and product effectiveness assessments.
- Establish key performance metrics for evaluating effectiveness against objectives.
- Establish training forums to ensure understanding of private markets product portfolio across State Street.
- Create forums internally and with clients to encourage idea sharing and innovation.
- Understand the market, competitive forces and client direction, and make related product recommendations, to ensure the strength and competitive positioning of the cash product portfolio.
- Instill a culture and environment of risk excellence.
What we value
- Demonstrate skills in problem assessment and resolution as well as collaborative problem solving in a complex setting.
- Possess excellent communications skills within an organization and with clients.
- Proven ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for creative change.
- Proven ability to achieve results with the persistence and influence necessary to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and lead team efforts.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral presentations skills.
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and an advanced degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in roles including strategic planning and product management.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.