Senior Associate - IARCS (Petaling Jaya)
4 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Since establishing its presence in 1928, KPMG in Malaysia has grown to be a part of KPMG’s global success. With more than 2,000 professionals located across 8 offices nationwide, KPMG in Malaysia provides services ranging from assurance and tax to financial advisory and business advisory. At KPMG, we are passionate about working with our clients to deliver exceptional value, we provide the environment for our people to flourish and realize their full potential and we continuously extend the frontiers of our shared knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organisation with good career development opportunities. KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Services (IARCS) practice provides board advisory, enterprise risk management, internal audit, software licence review and controls compliance services built upon our clear understanding of business issues and opportunities. We assist our clients to optimise their risk management, controls and governance processes to manage risks while identifying and pursuing important opportunities to enhance business value.
Acting as engagement team member (conducting assignments and supporting the engagement-in-charge) or engagement in-charge (leading and motivating a small team of professionals) in delivering the services contracted. Lead discussions with the client and support the engagement manager through preparation of findings, drafting report and presentation of deliverables.
Ability to undertake the following types of engagement:
- Risk-based internal audit
- Enterprise risk management (ERM), including ERM assessment
- Corporate governance advisory
- Cost improvement reviews
- Quality Assurance Review of the Internal Audit function
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 compliance testing
- Contract compliance reviews
- A recognised degree or a professional qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business / IT / Law or related disciplines.
- CIA or pursuit of CIA will be an added advantage. If without CIA upon confirmation after probation, must be willing to pursue CIA certification under training contract with KPMG.
- Relevant working experience for Experienced Hires (e.g. audit firms, consulting firms, leading commercial organisations and regulators; with demonstrated expertise in any one of the afore-mentioned service areas)
- Ability to write objective and value-adding reports independently.
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded, in particular the ability to keep abreast with contemporary industry developments, with strong leadership and high ethical standards.
- A self-starter and must be a team player.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, in particular interacting with Audit Committees and Boards of Directors
- High analytical and rationalisation ability.
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritise tasks.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.